Guinevere Final Concept


After creating an initial concept for Guinevere, I wanted to add onto the design and make it more unique and more suited to the robotic aesthetic.

Using IbisPaint, I imported the initial concept and drew over it for the basic shape. I also used the mannequin image that I used in the initial design as a template for her legs. Once the basic shape was done, I began to add onto it with the "dress" and additional details to the body. 

I kept her having a visible body to help with the idea of the android style. 

With the dress, I thought in the original design that having a fabric dress wouldn't be fitting for an android so decided to change it. I decided upon creating the dress with using multiple plates that come around her legs. This is to help her look more metallic yet still keeping the idea of her having a dress.
I also plan to have her have much larger sleeves/cuffs to match fashions from medieval times where women would have much wider and longer sleeves. As the sleeves will be made of metal, these will be static and move with the arms.
Around her waist, I plan to add one or more cables that will act as a belt. It will be tied around her waist and dangle down. Belts are another typical accessory for medieval women as it would hold their dresses in place and helped to emphasis their shape. Belts for the lower and middle classes would also be used to hold things like essence and money.
By changing the belt to a cable would also help to boost the idea of her being an android.
Another thing that I wanted to emulate is the seams that medieval women would have on the shoulders where the sleeves get attached the the bodice. For the seams, I thought it would be interesting to have visible joints of her android body on show. This will also be done for her knees. 
Finally, I wanted to simulate a parting in the bodice as if the bodice is made of two halves. To do this, I plan to add an additional pipe that runs down her torso. 

I've chosen red and white as her primary colours. I think these two contrast well together and help to emphasis her power and appearance. Red is often seen as a passionate and high ranking colour. With Guinevere being the queen of Camelot, I thought that red would be a suitable colour for her to have. Red will also help her stand out more against the other two characters.

I did have a problem with the canvas size that I used. At first, it was too big for the app to cope. Therefore I had to reduce its size which cropped what drawing I had already done. Luckily it wasn't much at the time but I still had to redraw parts like the head and some of her right side. 
As I was already aware of my design at that point, I was able to redraw it pretty quickly and it wasn't difficult. 
This was the only problem that I had when designing her.

I am overall happy with the final design and seeing it now helps me to create ideas on how I'll model her. I think she'll really stand out with her bright and contrasting colours.
Now that I have her design done, I will start to work on a model sheet and begin modelling. 

Comments

  1. Really nice concept, especially like the design of the dress. Good analysis of your efforts also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Guinevere's 3D Pir

Guinevere Update

Tidying polygons