Tidying polygons

When it came to working on Arthur more, I first needed to smooth his pelvis however, when I first tried to do this, I felt like I did it very messily. In order to smooth his pelvis, I kept cutting the polygons to make more edges and vertices wherever I could in order to make it appear smoother. This made it look very untidy and I felt like it would cause problems when it comes to texturing his model. 

Therefore I decided to completely redo his pelvis area to make it much cleaner but still keeping the smoothness. 

In order to do so, I had to completely remove the messy polygons, cap the holes and re-add them through a lot of cutting and moving of vertices. It took a decent amount of time to fix this part of the model however I felt it was necessary to help me later on. I do also feel like it looks much better now when comparing it to what it was before.



Comments

  1. Good stuff watch the topology! Make sure you start to look at how other 3d artists create character meshes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Guinevere's 3D Pir

Guinevere Update