Arthur Concept


Arthur was the next one that I designed its concept for. Being the more mechanical character that I plan to make, I have used quite a lot of cubes and other angular shapes to design him. 
For his design, I wanted to use the basic shapes that a medieval knight would have had on their armour. I looked at numerous amounts of armour designs from the Middle Ages era to get his overall idea. 

My main inspirations I had for his design were Optimus Prime from the Transformers franchise and also the numerous robots from Tower of Fantasy. Both of these are quite bulky in appearances and I believed that would work well towards the Arthur character.

His head primarily consists of the helmet’s bevor (mouth guard), crown which will help emphasis his position as king, and an eye. 

Designing his body was the hardest part as I had to keep his robotic appearance but also integrate a knight’s armour into it. I’ve intertwined gold around the body as another symbol of wealth and power. The gold is also to add more colour to the character and to act as a contrasting colour against the darker greys and blacks.
I was going to add a tasset which is a piece of armour that covers the tops of the legs but when I drew it onto the character, I felt that it didn't match with the rest of the design.

His sword and shield also follow the same colour scheme of grey and yellow. Both also include Celtic symbols to symbolise that King Arthur was originally a Celtic character. When I will model the character, his left hand will be "welded" into the shield as if its part of him. 

I was originally going to have Arthur having a jousting lance but I felt like having a sword and shield was enough.

Main inspiration images and references:

Tower of Fantasy image taken by myself

Optimus prime (no date) Transformers Movie Wiki. Available at: https://michaelbaystransformers.fandom.com/wiki/Optimus_Prime (Accessed: December 11, 2022).

Vasin, A. (no date) Knight, Behance. Available at: https://www.behance.net/gallery/58130757/Knight/modules/342114521 (Accessed: December 11, 2022).

 

Comments

  1. Nice concept but I would add hydraulic pipes, levers etc to make it look like it actual works. Especially so around joints. Lok at you reference and anything that uses hydraulics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Guinevere's 3D Pir

Guinevere Update

Tidying polygons